Our Auxiliary History
The auxiliary (formerly Elba-Marettes) was formed in April of 1959. Our first president was Jean Ridge. All club members spouses automatically become auxiliary members.
Our organization has experienced many changes in the years. Originally, the auxiliary functioned in a social capacity. Today, we organize dinghy runs, bus trips, kids parties, fashion shows, we sell boat club clothing, and run auctions – all to raise funds to benefit the members and clubhouse.
We have used our funds to purchase tables, chairs, dishes, bar stools, bar glasses, shower doors, banquet tables, stove, ship-to-shore radio, half of the club liquor license, we have remodeled the ladies restroom, purchased porch umbrellas and solar shades for the Clubhouse. Also, the Auxiliary makes donations to local charities such as Goodfellows and Food Kitchens on the Island
We are very proud of our organization, as the auxiliary is a valuable asset to Elba-Mar Boat Club.
Auxiliary Past Presidents