2021 EMBC AUXILIARY
PATTY SLIGAY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP ALL OF THE FOLLOWING EIGHT (8) CRITERIA MUST BE MET, OR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED BY JUDGING PANEL.
- The applicant must be a son/daughter, grandchild, or spouse of a full or social EMBC member in good standing. Members are also eligible.
- Provide proof of acceptance at a university, community college, trade school, or currently attending any of the mentioned institutions, (master programs included.)
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or better, a current official transcript must accompany this application.
- Include a one-page essay specifying your future plans.
- Include a letter of recommendation from school, work, church, etc.
- Demonstrate EMBC service (volunteer or work service) and/or participation in community service.
- Include a list of extra-curricular activities, awards/honors received and/or work experience.
- Applicant must not be a prior EMBC Auxiliary scholarship winner, but may have applied for the scholarship in a previous year(s).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 14, 2021
Return completed application and all supporting documents to:
EMBC Scholarship Committee
(Due to current stay-at-home orders, we are asking that scholarship applications and supporting documents be emailed)
Quantity and dollar amount of scholarships will be determined by total amount of donations collected.
All judging is done confidentially and anonymously.
Scholarship winners will be notified before July 1, 2021 and will be recognized in the August newsletter.
Please email the committee if you have any questions.